Friday, July 3, 2009

Summer Movies

It has been a REALLY long time since I have blogged! I have just had so much going on with work and my NEW JOB! I found out about a month ago that I got a full time subbing position at a catholic high school in a surrounding city! I am super excited, I will be teaching 7th grade language arts. Although I am hesitant to teach that young, I feel that they are at the age where they still want to learn and school is still "cool" sometimes, so it is a great way for me to break into becoming a first-time teacher. I plan to blog about my experiences along with some of my lesson plans so that I can remember what worked and what didn't work. It is very frustrating right now trying to figure out where to start. I feel a bit overwhelmed but I am trying to keep myself motivated! I'll keep you posted!

What I really wanted to blog about were some of the summer movies I have gone to see thus far. I hate going to the movies never knowing what ratings it was given or if others enjoyed it or not. That is why I planned to write a little on each one I saw in here.

The Hangover

20090611-the-hangover.jpg


This was probably one of the funniest movies I ever saw! Although there are some very inappropriate scenes, you have to look past that because the movie is so entertaining. Throughout the entire movie, the whole movie theater was laughing hysterically. I'm one of those people who laugh harder when I see other people laughing, so I was doubled over with laughter almost the entire time. My boyfriend loves comedy movies, and he claims that this by far is the funniest movie he ever saw. So, I recommend this movie to everyone, especially if you are in the mood for a good laugh!


Transformers

Well, I don't want to discourage anyone and I'm probably not the best person to ask, but if you aren't into action figures, don't see this! The movie was 2 1/2 hours long and the entire time all that happened were these metal monsters fighting each other. The movie is very loud (louder than usual) and extremely drawn out! My boyfriend and friend (who is also a guy) both enjoyed the movie but claimed that it wasn't as good as the first one. I felt that the movie could have been an hour shorter and the ending would have still been the same. The experts rated the movie a D or D- (one of the two I forget now), so I know it's not just me that didn't enjoy it! So, unless you are really into that stuff I don't suggest the movie. Even if you are, it seems that you may be disappointed in that it's not as good as the first.


UP


up_poster.jpg


This movie was super cute! I think that it is also appropriate for most ages as well. There were parts where I laughed and parts where I felt really sad about, which is unusual for a children's movie. The story-line is great! Although the movie may be a bit far-fetched, the story behind it is great. It's almost a way to teach kids that people come and go and that you should take pride in the things that you have. I felt that it wasn't like any other kid movie I had seen before. I can't give away too many details or I'll ruin the movie. I highly suggest this movie, even for us big kids!


The Proposal


the-proposal-poster.jpg



This movie was very good as well. I think I went into it with high expectations though since during the previews it said, "funniest movie of the summer". Although there were some funny parts, I didn't feel that like it was all that funny. The story line was very cute but also predictable. I think Bullock and Reynolds did very well and they played their parts well. I do suggest this movie, but just be careful not to think that it's going to be super funny, otherwise you will be disappointed!


These are the movies I have seen just far. This summer has been the first summer I have gone to the movies/drive-in this often! On a side note, I did find out the Southside Works movies has a special on Mondays, $5 movie any time and a free popcorn! If the bf ever gets a Mon night off, I plan on hitting it up....that's a great deal!


No comments:

Post a Comment